FSSAI State License in Maharashtra for Amazon FBA Centre (BOM1,BOM3, BOM4, BOM5, BOM6, BOM7, BOM9, SBOB)
Requirements for Listing of Food and Beverage
As per requirements under the Food Safety and Standards Regulations (Licensing and Registration of Food Businesses), all sellers who display or offer any food for sale to customers through e-commerce shall:
- Ensure that clear and legible image of complete label information, of each Food ASIN (excluding Batch number/Lot number, best before date and expiry date) are made available for customers. For details on imaging guidelines for food ASINs, click this link.
Display Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) license number on seller details page. This can be done by updating your valid FSSAI License number in Seller Central. To do so, go to Seller Central>Settings>Your Info & Policies>About Seller. For more information, refer to the section under ‘Display of FSSAI License number’ on Seller Detail page. Further to this, note that, as per FSSAI:
- No misleading information pertaining to seller/brand owner/manufacturer or misleading images of food products are made available or shown on their platform. The information provided must be accurate, clear and easy to understand. It must not be misleading. This includes, any claims made in customer testimonials or blogs hosted on the seller website or social media page.
- No health claims or false claims shall be made on the products being displayed for sale. Claims shall be made only in accordance with the FSS Act 2006, rules & regulations thereunder.
- Food products under organic food category shall be in compliance with Food Safety and Standards (Organic Foods) Regulation, 2017.
Products that are banned or recalled shall not be listed. These include goods that have been:
- Prohibited from sale in country, both online and offline.
- Recalled from the market, in voluntary or mandatory manner.
- Inadequate product labeling and safety warnings.
- Products that do not meet mandatory food safety standards.
Display of FSSAI License number on Seller Detail Page
To display your FSSAI License Number, kindly follow these steps:
- Login to your Seller Central account.
- Go to Settings and then click on Your Info & Policies.
- Click About Seller.
In the About Seller Help Content section, select DESIGN VIEW and enter ‘FSSAI License No.:’ followed by your valid FSSAI license number in the text box.
Example: FSSAI License No.: 123456789
- Click Save.
What do I need to do after FC is approved? Can I send the food related products to FC?
To send any food related product to the FC, you shall have approval to sell foods under Grocery category and Food Supplements under Drugstore Category on Amazon. This step can be initiated in parallel and is not dependent on FC approval. To get approval to sell food related product under these categories, please click here.
Why do I need FSSAI License?
FSSAI Certificate or License is a mandatory document required for doing any kind of food business, whether it is small scale or large scale.This restriction is laid down in Food Safety & Standards Act, 2006. Under FSSAI, there are three kinds of Licenses - Central FSSAI License, State FSSAI License and Registration. The criteria is defined in Food Safety and Standards (Licensing and Registration of Business) Regulations, 2011.
Why FBA food seller requires FSSAI License with Amazon Fulfilment Centre address mentioned in “Address of Authorised business premises”?
As per FSSAI regulations, every food business operator shall conduct food business from premises under a licence/registration only. Since FBA seller carries out retail business from Amazon Fulfilment Centre, therefore FSSAI License is required for its address.
After getting the FSSAI License, please follow the below-mentioned process to get the FC enabled for FSSAI-related products:
- Please create a PDF file, which should include the FSSAI License and signed self-declaration form.
- Please upload the file in the Upload FSSAI option under the Upload Documents section as a part of adding the Fulfilment Centre to your account.
- Please click on Complete the application