As per FSSAI regulations, every food business operator shall conduct food business from premises under a licence/registration only. Since FBA seller carries out retail business from Amazon Fulfilment Centre, therefore FSSAI License is required for its address.
FSSAI License and Registration for Ecommerce/Retailers
Scale Your F&B Brand on D2C, Amazon, Flipkart, Blinkit, Zomato, Zepto, Instamart, TataMG, and 100+ Marketplaces with the Right FSSAI Licensing.
Access 70+ FBA Centre' in India
Grow Your Brand's Presence Nationwide
Grow Your Distribution Network
FSSAI Food License for E-Commerce
FSSAI Certificate or License is a mandatory document required for doing any kind of food business, whether it is small scale or large scale
Important for Growth
FBA seller carries out retail business from Amazon Fulfillment Center; therefore, an FSSAI License is required for its address.
State-specific FSSAI License
FSSAI License is a premises based license, due to which the seller who is selling on Amazon needs to get a separate FSSAI for each fulfillment center (FC), interstate or intrastate.
As products are ‘Sold by’ sellers from Amazon Fulfillment Center, it is mandatory to choose the kind of Business field as retailer in the FSSAI License.
FSSAI Licensing and Registration Requirements for E-Commerce Business
Documents Required for FSSAI Registration
We Are Here To Help
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Why FBA food seller requires FSSAI License with Amazon Fulfilment Centre address mentioned in “Address of Authorised business premises”?
Why should ‘Kind of Business’ field in the FSSAI License be Retailer?
As products are ‘Sold by’ seller from Amazon Fulfilment Centre, it is mandatory to choose Kind of Business field as ‘Retailer’ in FSSAI License.
Why each FBA Centre should have different FSSAI License with different number and registration?
FSSAI License is a premises based license, due to which the seller who is selling on Amazon needs to get separate FSSAI for each Fulfilment Centre (FC), inter or intra state.
What are the requirements on your FSSAI License for selling food products from FC?
- FSSAI License should be in your name/your company name. Seller's Legal name on seller central should match with the Legal name in your FSSAI License.
- In the FSSAI License for Fulfilment Centre, the address should be in the field number 2, i.e. Address of Business Premises. Also, Fulfilment Centre address on the license should match with the requested Fulfilment Centre's address on the portal.
- In the FSSAI License for Fulfilment Centre, Kind of business field should be ‘Retailer’.
- FSSAI License should be valid and not expired. The remaining validity of FSSAI License should be more than 2 months. The License/Registration Number present on the top of the document must be valid when verified with the FSSAI Government Portal https://foodlicensing.fssai.gov.in/cmsweb/TrackFBO.aspx
- The 'scope' of the License should include all food products and/or food product categories that you intend to sell. In case of Proprietary Foods, the term ‘Proprietary Food’ should be specified against the food product category/sub-category.
What is required from an FBA seller dealing with food products?
- Please apply to State Food Safety Authority on ’Form B’ for State License, with Kind of Business specified as ‘Retailer’ and FC address in Address of Business Premises
- Please mention all the food products intended to be sold in the Application Form B
- Please use the GST certificate with FC address as ‘Proof of doing business’ for submitting to State Food Safety Authority
- In the event of the GST certificate not having the FC address but the Seller’s Principle address. The Seller should have the Fulfilment Centre address first incorporated as Branch address or Additional Place of Business (APOB) as the case may be in some states and use that to give “proof of premises” along with the application.