Selling on Amazon can be a lucrative endeavor, offering access to millions of potential customers worldwide. Whether you're a small business owner, a craftsman, or someone looking to declutter and make some extra cash, listing your products on Amazon is a great way to get started. In this step-by-step guide, we'll walk you through the process of listing your product on Amazon and getting it in front of eager buyers.
Step 1: Create an Amazon Seller Account
Before you can start listing products on Amazon, you need to set up a seller account. Here's how:
- Visit Seller Central: Go to Amazon's Seller Central website (sellercentral.amazon.com).
- Sign In or Sign Up: If you already have an Amazon account, sign in with your existing credentials. If not, create a new account.
- Choose Your Seller Plan: Amazon offers two seller plans: Individual and Professional. Choose the one that best suits your needs. Individual is for those selling fewer than 40 items per month, while Professional is for high-volume sellers.
- Enter Business Information: Fill in your business details, including your legal name, address, and contact information.
- Verify Identity: Amazon may require identity verification to maintain a secure marketplace. Follow the prompts to complete this step.
Step 2: Understand Amazon's Product Categories
Amazon has an extensive list of product categories, each with its own rules and guidelines. Before listing your product, make sure you understand which category it belongs to. Some categories, such as electronics or health and personal care, may have specific requirements or restrictions.
Step 3: Gather Product Information
To create a compelling product listing, you'll need to collect all the necessary information about your product:
- Product Title: Create a clear, concise, and descriptive title that includes important keywords related to your product.
- Product Description: Write a detailed description that highlights key features, benefits, and specifications. Use bullet points for easy readability.
- Images: High-quality images are crucial. Capture clear photos of your product from various angles, and ensure a white background. Amazon's image guidelines provide specific requirements.
- Price: Decide on your product's price. Research competitors' prices to gauge competitiveness.
- Quantity: Determine how many units of your product you have available.
- SKU (Stock Keeping Unit): Assign a unique SKU to your product for easy tracking and management.
Step 4: Create a Product Listing
Now that you have all the necessary information, it's time to create your product listing on Amazon:
There are two ways for list products on amazon
Listing Existing Amazon Products, if you plan to list products already available on Amazon
- Log in to Seller Central: Access your Amazon Seller Central account.
- Add a Product: Click on "Add a Product" under the "Inventory" tab.
- Search for Your Product: Search for your product using its name, UPC, EAN, ISBN, or ASIN (Amazon Standard Identification Number). Look for your product in the search results. If it has variations, click the Show Variation and choose the one that you will be selling. Select its condition and just check its limitation. Once you meet the conditions, then click the Sell This Variation button.
- Choose your product condition and click 'Sell this product.'
- Create your offer by adding your selling price, product condition, fulfilment channel (FBM or FBA), and your own product identifier (SKU).
- Click 'Save and finish.
List Products in Bulk
Listing a large number of products on Amazon.in can be a time-saving and efficient process if you choose the Bulk listing option. This method allows you to add multiple products at once, whether they are new product ASINs created specifically for Amazon.in or existing ASINs already available on the platform.
To list your products in bulk on Amazon.in, you can make use of inventory file templates. These templates are customizable to meet your specific needs, making it possible to list various types of products across multiple categories using a single, tailored template.
Create a New Product Listing, if your product doesn't exist on Amazon
When your product isn't already listed for sale on Amazon.in, you'll need to take the initiative to create a new listing. This ensures that potential customers can discover your product and access all the necessary information about it.
When you go about creating a new product listing on Amazon.in, the system will automatically generate a unique identifier known as an ASIN (Amazon Standard Identification Number).
To successfully create a new product listing on Amazon.in, you'll be required to provide specific product details and images, adhering to Amazon's style guidelines. Here's a summary of the essential information needed for a new listing:
- Product Information: This includes details like the product's title, description, pricing, and quantity available.
- Images: High-quality images of the product are crucial, and they must meet Amazon's image guidelines for clarity and presentation.
By providing accurate and appealing product information and images, you increase the chances of attracting potential buyers to your newly created listing on Amazon.in.
Here are some of the details required for a new listing:
- Title: 200 characters max, capitalize the first letter of every word
- Images: 500 x 500 pixels or 1,000 x 1,000 to increase listing quality as per Amazon Image Guidelines
- Variations: Such as different colors, scents, or sizes
- Bullet points: Short, descriptive sentences highlighting key features and benefits
- Featured offer ("Offer Display"): The featured offer on a detail page. Customers can either click on “Add to Cart” or “Offer Display”
- Other offers: The same product sold by multiple sellers offering a different price, shipping options, etc.
- Description: Optimize using keywords to improve listing discoverability
Step 5: Complete the Product Listing Details
Fill in all the required information in the product listing, including:
- Product Title: Enter the title you prepared earlier.
- Product Description: Copy and paste your detailed product description.
- Images: Upload your high-quality product images following Amazon's image guidelines.
- Price: Set your product's price.
- Quantity: Enter the quantity you have available.
- SKU: Input the unique SKU you assigned.
Step 6: Determine Your Shipping Method
Decide how you'll fulfil orders:
- Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA): Amazon handles storage, packing, and shipping for you.
- Fulfilment by Merchant (FBM): You manage storage, packing, and shipping.
Select the option that aligns with your business model and preferences.
Step 7: Review and Submit
Before finalizing your product listing, carefully review all the details for accuracy. Ensure that your product complies with Amazon's policies and guidelines. Once you're confident, click "Save and Finish" or "Submit" to list your product.
Listing your product on Amazon is the first step toward building a successful e-commerce business. By following this step-by-step guide, you'll be well on your way to reaching millions of potential customers and achieving your selling goals on the world's largest online marketplace. Remember to continuously optimize your listings, provide top-notch customer service, and stay updated on Amazon's policies to ensure long-term success in your e-commerce journey.